Gift yourself, feel good
06 Feb 2016 - 10:57
Women for generations have put themselves last on their to-do list. But it is important to recharge internal batteries once in a while to be top of your stressful daily routine. So this weekend boost yourself by spending some time and money on yourself. Try some of these gift ideas and reconnect with yourself.
By Anisha Bijukumar
1. Succulent plants are incredibly simple, low-maintenance and independent. They are easy to assemble and virtually impossible to kill, a perfect choice for beginner growers and those lacking a green thumb. Head to Ikea for some of the best indoor plants or to any of the numerous nurseries at Salwa near Wholesale market and grab a sapling.
2. Selfies often garner a lot of attention on social media, but they can also promote confidence and self-love. Grab a selfie stick from one of the Jarir stores and use it like a third arm to remind yourself of your fantastic self.
3. As a quote goes, “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you!” Challenge yourself to join a gymnasium and exercise for the next one year. Paying in advance might help to ensure you do not skip a workout session.
4. Embrace your free-spirited, single self and jot down all the places and activities you’ve been putting on the back burner in a book or a wonderful diary from one of the stationery stores in Doha.
5. Indulge yourself with a gift of warmth and shop for some colour coordinated throw blankets for each room.
6. That wardrobe in your house might be full with formal, informal and party attire; yet it’s never too full to buy one more. Shop online and gift yourself a cool outfit to flaunt a new you.
7. There are quite a few agencies in Doha that do personalised printing. Gift yourself a memory with a personalised message or a picture that will reflect your good taste. Get a printed mug, or an album or a key ring with one of your most treasured moments on it.