UAE says not worried by Shell pullout from joint Bab Sour project

 18 Jan 2016 - 15:23

UAE says not worried by Shell pullout from joint Bab Sour project
United Arab Emirates Energy Minister Suhail bin Mohamed al-Mazroui, speaks during the 7th Gulf Intelligence UAE Energy Forum meeting in Abu Dhabi, on January 12, 2016. AFP

 

ABU DHABI: The United Arab Emirates’ energy minister said on Monday the UAE was not worried about Royal Dutch Shell’s pullout from the joint Bab sour gas field project in Abu Dhabi.
“The reason most probably will be (a) commercial reason because now the cost of gas and the price of gas and LNG has dropped more than 50 percent,” Suhail bin Mohammed al-Mazroui said on the sidelines of a conference in Abu Dhabi.
“We are not worried about supply of gas. We are planning well, if the company is pulling out I’m not worried,” Mazroui said.
The Anglo-Dutch company had said earlier on Monday that it would stop stop further joint work on the project with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC).
REUTERS